Welcome to our Daily Cryptocurrency News article. Here are the most important news of October 16th 2018.
Daedalus 0.11.1 and Cardano 1.3.1 are now available
In a recent tweet, IOHK announced that Cardano 1.3.1 and Daedalus 0.11.1 are now available to users worldwide. There were several errors that these updates fixed, such as:
- Daedalus improperly launch from pinned Windows taskbar – Apparently, users had an issue when they tried to run Daedalus the Windows taskbar. Most of them would get an error with a blue screen displaying ” Connecting to network’. This is because the Daedalus wallet wasn’t made to be launched by that as when you launch cardano-launcer.exe – the process configures daedalus.exe and created a Cardano node inthe background. Right now users will be announced to run it properly – as displayed in the video.
- Blank screen issue instead of UI – Multiple people reported that they were seeing a blank white screen instead of the user interface. The Daedalus team create a ‘GPU safe mode’ to launch the wallet without any graphics acceleration involved. You can activate that as you can see in the following image.
- Unreadable QR codes from paper wallet certificates – Some QR code readers weren’t able to scan QR codes from paper wallet certificates. The team claims that this issue is now solved and it occurred because a lot of error correction data was printed.
- Internet disconnect causing the blockchain sync to stop – In some cases, when an internet connection was lost that also stopped the blockchain synchronization. The issue is now solved.
- Non-latin characters users – unable to use Daedalus for Windows – Users that used non-latin characters in their windows username were unable to connect to their wallet on Windows. There was a message displaying “cannot connect to network”. The issue has been fixed now.
You can read more about the updates here.
Fidelity Launches Institutional Platform For Bitcoin And Ethereum
Fidelity Investments is spinning off a new stand-alone company. The company will dedicate exclusively to bringing cryptocurrencies to institutional investors
Named Fidelity Digital Assets, the corporation based in Boston will provide features such as:
- Enterprise-grade custody solutions
- A cryptocurrency trading execution platform
- Institutional advising services designed to align with the constant blockchain trading cycle.
Fidelity Investments already administers $7.2 trillion in customer assets and spends $2.5 billion per year on technology. Part of these spends is for the incubators that house its artificial intelligence and blockchain projects. Fidelity also has at the moment over 27 million customers.
The new company will handle custody and how to store digital assets safely. Crypto companies Coinbase, Gemini, BitGo, Ledger and ItBit are already working on similar solutions.
Japanese bank Nomura also announced plans in May to offer crypto custody. The Goldman Sachs and Northern Trust are also reportedly exploring custodial services.
Fidelity goal is to make digitally native assets, such as Bitcoin, more accessible to investors.
Fidelity is in a good start with a Headquarters in Boston with 100 employees. It is already onboarding its first clients now and will be in the market and “generally available” sometime in early 2019.
Steve Wozniak is co-founding a new project, EQUI, using the Ethereum network
Steve Wozniak has joined forces with EQUI founder Doug Barrowman and EQUI co-founder Baroness Michelle Mone OBE.
EQUI Global is an open-ended, blockchain-powered venture capital fund with the primary goal of becoming a disruptor of capital investment.
According to Wozniak, it is a technology-focused venture capital fund which combines the principles of investing with a blockchain ‘back end.’ This allows value to realize and then traded in the open market through the EquiToken.
The EQUI fund is both open-ended and liquid. Thus, allowing investors to sell their EquiTokens on external cryptocurrency exchanges anytime.
As co-founder of EQUI Global Steve Wozniak will head up technology investments and help find the tech stars of tomorrow. Woz will then bring them to the table, and the board of serial entrepreneurs will mentor and coach them with world-class expertise and guidance.
MoneyMatch Completed Its First Cross-Border Blockchain Transaction with Ripple – Fintech News Malaysia
After MoneyMatch’s report that they will be using Ripple’s blockchain to power their payments in April, the fintech startup had success. The platform has conducted their first live cross-border transaction out of Malaysia on the blockchain.
MoneyMatch reportedly said they have been working together with the Ripple engineering team the past few months. They have been working on fully integrating MoneyMatch into the RippleNet xVia platform.
In this transaction, MoneyMatch claimed to have helped a retail user convert MYR to EUR. Moreover, at a significantly lower cost than a bank’s traditional telegraphic transfer.
They also added that they were able to successfully process the transaction within just several hours via the blockchain. Comparing to the traditional SWIFT network used by the banks which would take a minimum of two days and often longer.
MoneyMatch is gunning towards offering the best pricing and fastest speeds for international payments out to Europe, especially now with the first successful blockchain cross-border transaction to Europe, and will
MoneyMatch has also successfully signed on a partnership with the Stellar blockchain as well and will be integrating with Stellar partners in the future as well as MoneyMatch evolves into a multi-blockchain enabled cross-border FinTech platform.
Byteball starts distributing money via voucher codes
You can now earn money for introducing new people to the Byteball network. The money is a reward the time and effort of introducing new users. Users will get paid for referring new users to the Byteball network, and new users are also paid for joining.
Byteball said that Smart Vouchers have similar functionality as a bank account.
” You deposit some Bytes on the account (Smart Voucher). Then put them to work paying for new users attestations, and you earn the referral rewards, which get added back to your Smart Voucher. After that, you can withdraw your money from the Smart Voucher at any time, or you can add more to scale out.”
More info about Smart Vouchers here.
Blockfolio App Raises $11.5 Million in Pantera Capital-Led Funding Round
Blockfolio, a cryptocurrency asset portfolio tracker has raised $11.5 million in its latest round of fundraising. Cryptocurrency hedge fund Pantera Capital led the $11.5 million Series A funding round. It included investments from venture capital firms such as:
- Danhua Capital
- DCM Ventures
- Abstract Ventures
- Nirvana Capital
- Cryptocurrency exchanges Huobi and Bitmex.
Blockfolio was founded in 2014 by the early backers of the privacy-focused cryptocurrency Dash. Since then the app featured on Apple’s App Store and Google’s Play Store has grown to a user base of 4.5 million. The app provides real-time information on more than 6,000 individual crypto assets and its API integrates with over 240 cryptocurrency exchanges to provide the most accurate market and price data.
Blockfolio co-founder and CEO Ed Moncada are confident investors are already noticing Blockfolio stand out from the pack, suggesting that if Blockfolio were “just a price-tracking application, we wouldn’t be able to raise that kind of money.”
If you missed yesterday news, you can check them here: Daily Cryptocurrency News – October 15th 2018
Subscribe to our Newsletter to be a part of our future $1,000 per month contests.